In September 2008, CLPHA convened a wide range of affordable housing stakeholders for a summit.
The purpose: develop a shared policy framework for confronting the challenges facing public housing.
The final framework is built around five interdependent objectives:
Interested in signing on?
- Attract new private and public capital investment to ensure safe, high-quality housing for residents by eliminating the substantial capital backlog and providing for future needs.
- Change the program structure to facilitate adequate and reliable revenues, including offering PHAs the option to transition individual properties to other program models.
- Maintain our commitment to decent, safe housing at rents affordable to the current mix of residents for the long term in communities that advance our nation’s fair housing and civil rights goals.
- Redefine the relationship between HUD and PHAs through sensible regulation that achieves both accountability and the flexibility to address local conditions
- Enable PHAs to expand partnerships with others who share our commitment to serve low-income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities and reframe our